3/1/10

Birth is about facing our fears.


Here are some affirmations and quotes for overcoming fear:


I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
-Frank Herbert

There is nothing to fear except the persistent refusal to find out the truth, the persistent refusal to analyze the causes of happenings.
-Dorothy Thompson

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Don't be afraid to go out on a limb. That's where the fruit is.
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
-Marcus Aurelius

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
-Marianne Williamson

And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
-Marianne Williamson

...without darkness
Nothing comes to birth,
As without light
Nothing flowers.
-May Sarton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog